Open call for applications – Ashoka Making More Health Accelerator open to Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Nigeria, and Ghana. The Health Accelerator is a structured business growth program targeted at social entrepreneurs with innovative solutions in the health sector.
The program offers two engagement phases:
Phase 1, called the “Pilot Phase”, runs for 12 months and focuses on supporting entrepreneurs to:
- a) identify strategic challenges and/or opportunities related to the growth, sustainability, and impact of their social enterprises
- b) co-create and test relevant solutions.
Phase 2, called the “Scale-up Phase” also runs for 12 months and focuses on supporting participants to scale up successful solutions from the first phase of engagement. In both phases, participating entrepreneurs are provided with access to technical support from Boehringer Ingelheim employees, strategic networks, financial resources, and a platform to collaborate, learn and engage with fellow social entrepreneurs and other ecosystem actors. The accelerator broadly focuses on supporting social entrepreneurs with innovative solutions aimed at advancing access to healthcare in Sub-Saharan Africa. Solutions may be both in the animal or human health field. The specific countries from which we are currently selecting participants are Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Nigeria, and Ghana.
- The program offers participants multiple opportunities for professional growth and development in their entrepreneurial journey.
- Technical expertise: Participants have access to experienced employees at Boehringer Ingelheim who volunteer their time to provide hands-on technical support across a variety of professional disciplines.
- Strategic networks: Accelerator participants become part of an ever-growing and closely-knit community of ecosystem actors including impact investors, foundations, philanthropists, government agencies, corporate executives, social entrepreneurs, experts, and multinational healthcare companies all committed to improving healthcare access for humans and animals across Africa.
- Financial and Investor access support: The program provides each participant with a grant of 50k Euro for pilot implementation, with the possibility of additional scale-up funds at the end of a successful pilot.
- Legal Entity: Company limited by guarantee, Limited liability company, NGO
- Age: At least three years of operation
- Sector: Human or animal health related.
- Country of operation: Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda.
- Revenue: At least USD 100K in annual sales revenue.
- Impact: Evidence of social impact with clearly defined impact metrics
The Ashoka Making More Health Accelerator Program Application Deadline: January 13th, 2023
Interested applicants should visit the Ashoka Making More Health Accelerator Program portal to apply.
Join the conversation>>>> Whatsapp Group 1
Share this with at least three people who you think can benefit from it.
Please leave your questions in the comment section below.