TET FUND POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP INTERVENTION, the following guidelines should be adhered to by all beneficiary institutions as well as prospective TETFund sponsored beneficiary:
PURPOSE OF THE TET FUND POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP INTERVENTION PROGRAMME:
- Acquisition of additional research experience, especially for young PhD holders with a view to deepening their research skills and preparing them for leadership in their respective academic fields;
- Build relationships between researchers from different institutions across the world, which increases chances for real collaboration and partnerships;
- Enhance the ability of young PhD holders to conduct independent research, which helps to obtain research-intensive employment in the academia, industry and government;
- Enhance the visibility of Nigerian Universities in the areas of research and linkages, making them competitive, more productive, thereby enhancing their standing and ranking in the world;
- It affords Universities without any need to train staff for Masters and PhD degrees to effectively utilize the TETFund allocation for AST&D.
PROGRAMMES SUPPORTED UNDER THE POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP
- The Postdoctoral Fellowships is designed to offer opportunities for outstanding early career researchers to strengthen their experience of research and teaching;
- The Postdoctoral fellowship will be open to candidates who have just completed their PhD (within the last 5 years), early career researcher and those wishing to build an independent research carrier. Ideally
- the candidates should have some research experience and published research papers in their respective fields
CHOICE OF UNIVERSITIES UNDER THE POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP
- All applicants seeking for sponsorship for the postdoctoral fellowship must have Read about the scheme on a foreign institution’s website and checked that he/she is eligible to apply
- Identified a mentor at his/her institution of choice and discussed his/her application with them before applying
- Prepared a short proposal that includes: An outline of his/her proposed research, including methodology and timetable, Planned outputs, Dissemination plans,
Why he/she selected the institution as host institution;Brief on possible mentor.
- Prepare a summary CV that includes: Publications to date along with academic history, The date PhD was awarded or when prospective fellow is expected to submit his/her thesis and have it examined.
- Current employment status, amongst others.
- Be a full-time Nigerian Academic Staff, working at and nominated by a beneficiary institution,
- Must have completed his/her PhD within the last Five (5) Years; (Scholars who underwent studies locally are encouraged to also participate)
TETFund’s CRITERIA FOR SPONSORSHIP
- The duration of the Programme should not exceed One (1) Year;
- Funds will only be committed to individual researches of National priority;
- Funds will only be committed in an Instance where institutions offer fellowship jobs to researchers who have access to individual funds and whose research interests also align with the school’s research priorities;
- A Postdoctoral fellowship proposal worthy of the Fund’s sponsorship must have been certified fundable and recommended by the Department of Research and Development / Centres of Excellence ;
- Funds will only be committed when external funding are not available in some institutions , which implies that all a prospective fellow needs to do is to apply while all his/ her expenses for the duration of research will be taken care of by the Fund;
The Fund’s financial support for the Postdoctoral fellowship would cover the following:Salary of the Postdoctoral fellow to work full-time on the fellowship;
Small-scale research expenses ( Up to a maximum of £6,000 across the duration of the award;Costs towards the time of a supervisor, equivalent to one hour per month for the entire duration of the fellowship, host institution’s estates and indirect costs.
Submissions from beneficiary institutions (Both Hard and Soft Copies) for the implementation of the Postdoctoral fellowship intervention programmes should be made up of the following:
- A short proposal that includes:
- An outline of his/her proposed research, including methodology and timetable;
- Planned outputs;
- Dissemination plans;
Why he/she selected the institution as host institution;Brief on possible mentor.( Area of Expertise)
Publications to date along with academic history; The date PhD was awarded, with evidence.
- Current employment status, amongst others.
- Evidence of admittance into the Postdoctoral fellowship programme.
To lean more visit GUIDELINES FOR ACCESSING THE POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP