Prof Osibanjo March8th Initiative, We are pleased to announce the 2021 edition of the March 8th Initiative. This Initiative was designed to promote entrepreneurial endeavours. Last year, 100 entrepreneurs received business defining grants. This year, we are expanding in reach and scope.
About the organization: kindly see https://mobile.twitter.com/March8thNG
The Friends of Prof. Osibanjo have announced the commencement of this year’s March8thInitiative MSME Grant for Small Businesses to mark the 64th Birthday of Vice President Prof. Yemi Osinbajo which will be held on 8th March, 2021.
This year’s Entrepreneurship Programme has been re-organised into 4 categories providing more opportunities for young Nigerians between 18 and 35 years old.
Application General terms and conditions for Prof Osibanjo March8th Initiative:
1. Most Reside in Nigeria.
4. Most Apply to one category and do not engage in multiple applications. Applying more than once or in more than one category leads to automatic disqualification.
Categories of the Prof Osibanjo March8th Initiative Programme:
1. Category 1- My Big Idea Business Challenge | Grant Sum- N100,000
Do you have a small-scale business that could use some injection for enlarging your inventory, or have an idea that solves a troubling issue in your area? We look forward to reviewing your idea-entry under Category 1 of the 2021 March 8th Entrepreneurship Programme 2020.
Your entry should be in the form of an elevator pitch on video that summarises who you are, what you do, what problem you are trying to solve, and how you would solve the problem with the grant if successful. This video should not exceed 60 seconds.
3. And thereafter upload your video on either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and use the hashtag #FriendsOfProf, and tag @March8thNG
Note: Because of the social transformation dimension of the challenge, applicants are required to post their video entries on social media.
2. Category 2- My Business Support Challenge | Grant Sum- N 250,000
Are you a small business looking to expand your current stock, hire staff or acquire basic equipment that would enhance profitability and operational efficiency so you can climb up to the next level of growth? If so, convince us by sending in an abridged business plan in no more than 500 words outlining your ideas, needs and aspirations.
1. Business must be registered and must have been in existence for at least 1 year.
2. Submit a one-page proposal not exceeding 500 words describing your business and how N250, 000 will help it grow.
3. My Catalyst Support Challenge | N500,000
Are you an existing small business looking to expand your current scope either product-wise or geographically? Submit a business plan in no more than 750 words sharing your expansion and funding plans.
4. My Bold Innovation Challenge
Are you a young entrepreneur with an innovative idea that provides a solution to a common need or promotes sustainability? Does your idea have potential to positively contribute to people, places and profit? If so, convince us by sending a competitive business plan pitching your ideas and the supporting rationale in no more than 1,000 words.
1. Business must be registered and must have been in existence for at least 2 years.
2. Write a proposal not exceeding 1,000 words on how N1 Million will help your business advance your innovative idea.
Prof Osibanjo March8th Initiative How To Apply: All entries except those for My Big Idea Business Challenge must be submitted at www.march8th.ng. Submit according to the category you are applying for.