NAFDAC Registration Requirements for Registration of MSME Products (Micro/Cottage/Kitchen Scale). NAFDAC, which stands for the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, is the agency in Nigeria responsible for regulating and controlling the manufacture, importation, exportation, distribution, advertisement, sale, and use of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, chemicals, and packaged water.
NAFDAC REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Some common requirements for NAFDAC registration include:
- Certificate of analysis
- Product information (composition, intended use, packaging, etc.)
- Manufacturer’s details
- Evidence of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Labeling information
- Sample of the product
If you want to register your product with NAFDAC, here are the steps you need to follow:
Prepare your product: Ensure that your product meets NAFDAC’s requirements for safety, efficacy, and quality.
Conduct laboratory analysis: You must conduct laboratory analysis of your product to determine its composition and ensure that it is safe for use.
Obtain a certificate of analysis: Once you have conducted laboratory analysis, you need to obtain a certificate of analysis from a recognized laboratory.
Apply for NAFDAC registration: You can apply for NAFDAC registration online by filling out the e-registration form on the NAFDAC website. You will be required to provide detailed information about your product, including its composition, intended use, and packaging.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR PRODUCTS FROM START TO FINISH ON NAFDAC ONLINE PORTAL
STEP 1: GO ONLINE
Applicants should visit https://registration.nafdac.gov.ng for Registration form and Guidelines.The applicant can also pick up a Registration form and Guidelines from all NAFDAC State offices across the country.
Step 2: Submission of Documents (Micro Scale Enterprises)
Submission of the fully completed registration form. This should be accompanied with the following documents:
- Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) – Business Name and/or incorporation.
- Site use Agreement (Where applicable).
- Evidence of Trademark approval; we advise that you get this document as it helps to protect the product brand or business name.
- One vetting sample and three labels
- Fumigation certificate
- Copy of receipt of payment for production registration
- Food handlers certificate/medical fitness certificate for production staff, this should include the following: Sputum test, Stool test, Urinary test, Widal test, Hepatitis B test.
Procedure for Payment
- Applicants should be given payment advice first, before using the remita site to generate remnita invoice.
- Before the documents are submitted, NAFDAC desk officer reviews the application letter to determine the type and number of products and then issues paymnent advice accordingly.
- OR visit www.remita.net to generate Remita invoice and print out a copy of the invoice and make payment through any commercial bank.
- Visit NAFDAC Accounts department to collect receipt of payment.
- Attach photocopy of the receipt of payment as indicated above and submit the application.
STEP 3: INSPECTION BOOKING
In booking for your facility inspection you are given the privilege to pick a most convenient date for your inspection.
STEP 4: SAMPLING PRODUCTS
Sample of products are collected during facility inspection and sent to the laboratory for analysis.
STEP 5: PRODUCT APPROVAL
The products are scheduled for approval upon satisfactory Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and laboratory report.
STEP 6: COLLECTION OF CERTIFICATE
Company is notified to collect their certificate.
TIMELINE: The timeline for the achievement of step1 to step 6 is ninety (90) working days.
Here are some frequently asked questions about NAFDAC registration:
Q: How long does it take to get NAFDAC registration?
The length of time it takes to get NAFDAC registration depends on various factors, such as the type of product and the completeness of the application. It typically takes several weeks to several months.
Q: What is the cost of NAFDAC registration?
The cost of NAFDAC registration varies depending on the type of product. You can find the current fees on the NAFDAC website.
Q: Is NAFDAC registration mandatory?
Yes, NAFDAC registration is mandatory for all food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, chemicals, and packaged water sold in Nigeria.
Q: Can I import unregistered products into Nigeria?
No, it is illegal to import unregistered products into Nigeria.
Q: Do I need to renew my NAFDAC registration?
Yes, you need to renew your NAFDAC registration annually.
Join the conversation>>>> Whatsapp Group
Share this with at least three people who you think can benefit from it.
Please leave your questions in the comment section below.
“Soundcityupload is an online publication platform that notifies you of the most recent news, hiring opportunities, and job openings. Under no circumstances will Soundcityupload ask applicants to send money or other objects of value to the company or any agency.