MTN is Nigeria’s premier provider of connectivity, communication and collaboration solutions, and the largest privately owned mobile operator in Africa, Europe, and the Middle East.
About the organization: kindly see https://www.mtnonline.com/
At MTN Nigeria, Our Our vision is to lead the delivery of a bold, new digital world to our customers and our purpose is to make Nigerian lives a whole lot BRIGHTER by delivering relevant, accessible, high-quality telecommunications solutions that put them in control.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Manager, IT Testing Services
- Manager, Value Added Services
Manager, Value Added Services
Job Title: Manager, Value Added Services
Experience: 10 years
Qualification: B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech, HND
- Responsible for the design, planning and optimization of MTNN’s VAS and Digital services platforms and solutions to achieve a cost effective and optimal design for VAS and Digital Services, and drive timely deployment of quality products and services in line with the business strategic objectives, while managing a team of people, technology and financial resources.
- Manage the analysis, design and delivery of IT solutions in response to business needs.
- Manage a team of engineers, analysts, vendors – guide and focus them in achieving business objectives.
- Manage the planning processes geared towards designing and dimensioning of VAS services as well as new products and services in line with the marketing product roadmap
- Direct the planning of Digital services and Value-Added Service platforms such as, but not limited to, messaging, API Gateways, Subscription Management systems, Mobile data, Rich Communication Services. Multimedia products and other Third-Party applications and services.
- Be a thought-leader in technology and business imperatives in delivering business solutions across Digital Services, Value Added Services, Consumer & Enterprise Data Products and BSS systems.
- Manage the evolution within the Data network to place MTN in a position to effectively compete in the challenging telecoms environment
- Review and approve Functional and Technical Specification documents for new products and services
- Project management and tracking to ensure that products and services are launched within specified timelines, using Software Delivery Models like Agile Scrum and Waterfall models.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs
- Manage and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Direct and mentor the VAS planning engineers to effectively optimize the VAS, Data, Digital Services, API Exchange solution & Microservices architecture/topology and roadmaps.
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
Experience & Training
- 10 years of IT or Telcoms experience with a minimum of 5 of those years working in technical planning, design and integration of Business support systems (BSS) such as SMSC, VMS, Device Management System, USSD Gw, Ericsson Charging System, Customer Management solutions, VAS & Digital platforms.
- Vast experience in new products and services development using the Product Development Life Cycle and Project Management using PRINCE 2, PMI or Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Strong experience in IT solutions designs, architecture, systems integrations and solution delivery.
- Vast Knowledge of GSM architecture and technologies including circuit switched and packet networks, signaling protocols such as MAP, SIGTRAN, Diameter, SIP, XML etc.
- Experience in Cloud Solutions, distributed Cloud native applications, API Strategy, RESTful APIs and Micro services.
- B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech, HND or Other
9th February, 2021.
Manager, IT Testing Services
Job Title: Manager, IT Testing Services
Experience: 4 years
Qualification: B.Tech, B.Sc, B.Eng, HND
- To manage and coordinate IT testing services and provide direction, advice and guidance for the development and testing of Technology systems and applications.
- To define and monitor the implementation of a quality management system (QMS) in the Information Technology environment including Internal Acceptance Testing, System Integration Test (SIT), User Acceptance Test (UAT), Defect Management, Test Automation, Regression, Performance Testing, Software Testing methodology, Test Operations and Governance, Stakeholder Engagement, and drive adherence to overall quality assurance practices, as well as customer experience of product testing.
- Manage the IT Testing Services.
- Managing the mobilization and operation of Testing services to support continuous delivery Demand Products and Services and Projects
- Design, document, implement and continuously improve Testing services, processes, tools and ways of working to support the Technology operating model.
- Develop / maintain the organization’s ability to deploy standard global processes, tools, metrics, measurement and reporting.
- Create awareness and drive adoption and adherence to Testing services, processes and standards.
- Manage, govern, and co-ordinate the operational delivery and service level of agreed Testing services to Technology portfolios, programmes and projects and development teams.
- Implement standard global policies, processes and tools to:
- Align to the increasing pipeline of demand for testing.
- Advisory and guidance in the chosen delivery methodology; agree the requirements for Testing and the approach to be followed.
- Ensure testing resources, tools and environments are in place to deliver.
- Optimize use of testing resources across portfolios, programmes and projects.
- Ensure automated testing happens as part of the build process.
- Monitor and report on Testing activities and facilitate decision making.
- Review quality assurance audits identify quality issues and problems and recommend options or solution to improving quality of IT products and communicate the action steps to be carried out to those involved in the business process.
- Create innovative ways to continually improve the Quality Management System of Testing Services
- Communicating and inspiring confidence at a senior level with technical and non-technical audiences
- Provide input to IT Strategic plans
- Guide and lead through persuasion to MTN leaders in determining quality and measurement possibilities going forward
- Normal MTNN working conditions
Experience & Training
- 6 – 13 years of cumulative experience with:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an area of specialization
- With 2 years’ experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization.
- Experience in information and communication technology (ICT) preferably in the Telecommunications, Banking, FMCG or an ICT related industry
- Hands-on experience in Software Quality Management System
- Hands on experience in the use of testing tools for automation, performance, regression, i.e., SIGOS, Jmeter, HP ALM, HP Quality Center, etc.
- Experience in defect management/quality center.
- Software Quality Process Definition and Reviews in an IT environment
- ISTQB Test Manager, CoBIT, Six Sigma, ITIL would be an added advantage
- B.Tech, B.Sc, B.Eng, HND or Other
9th February, 2021.
How To Apply: Interested Candidates should click the link to apply: