MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
About the organization: kindly see https://www.mtnonline.com/
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Senior Manager, Senior Global Account Management (GAM)
- Chief Information Officer
Senior Manager, Senior Global Account Management (GAM)
Job Title: Senior Manager, Senior Global Account Management (GAM)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Mission/ Core Purpose of the Job
- The Senior Global Account Manager is the highest level of seller in the GAM community, the role will manage a group of selected global premium MNC accounts (1 to 6 accounts) with a prime focus on increasing share of wallet across our footprint and beyond. Directly, the Senior GAM will lead 1 or more Sellers to deliver exceptional service and growth for these premium accounts, to minimise churn, whilst accelerating penetration in the accounts especially in the ICT field, to support the MNC strategy for revenue growth, whilst achieving world class customer satisfaction globally.
- The role will achieve this through the indirect leadership of the Local account managers, Global Solutions and Manager, Global Service Manager and commercial, innovation and service teams at regional and local level, integrating a cross functional and geographical virtual team.
- The Senior Global Account Manager will work with a diverse team (including but not limited to Sales, Pre-Sales/Solution Architects, Service Managers) to maintain and grow account base and ensure service delivery and customer satisfaction
Context (Global influences, environmental / industry demands, organisational mission etc.):
- MTN is entering a new phase, under new leadership in its lifecycle where operational and commercial excellence has become critical for success.
- The urgency for change has become more heightened amidst increased competitive intensity across all markets in which MTN operates.
- The Senior Manager : Senior GAM must therefore ensure the successful delivery in context of:
- MTN positioning as the best connectivity provider in Africa
- MTN decision to centralise the management and solution creation of Global MNC accounts
- Rapidly changing ICT environment
- The geographic complexity of MTN’s foot print across Africa
- Management of executive and local shareholder expectations across all 21 OpCos
- Achievement of top quartile operating efficiency and effectiveness through scale and common processes
- Driving growth through business intelligence and standardization to maximize business impact
- Management of customer and supplier expectations
- Enhance MTN position as a leading network and system provider
- Constant dynamics and local challenges in the economic, regulatory and legal environments
Key Performance Areas: Core, Essential Responsibilities / Outputs of the Position (KPA’s)
The Senior Manager: Senior GAM will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Manage ~1 to 6 Global Premium MNC accounts throughout their lifetime with MTN (existing and potential perspective clients) and across and beyond MTN footprint with Portfolio size above 600ZAR with ambition to growing the strategic accounts above 1BZAR within 18-24 months
- Engage with Premium MNC customers at executive level
- Be fully responsible and accountable for the managed accounts revenue targets ( large accounts)
- Deliver strategic account planning and manage pipeline through use of statistical data related to clients and industry trends
- Defend accounts through understanding competitive intelligence and understanding customer’s needs
- Understand and translate customer strategy and business drivers into the creation of new opportunities, thus developing the account globally
- Cross-sell and up-sell to existing client to grow account revenues and share of wallet
- Pursue sales opportunities and leads to close new accounts
- Ensure delivery of financial and operational targets aligned to strategic targets
- Ensure customer satisfaction for the global account
- Liaise with and manage interaction with Global Account Managers for his/hers dedicated accounts within each OpCo and other virtual team members across all relevant functions
- Manages strategic and operational related to his/her managed accounts with the Global Account Managers within each OpCo
- Partner with bid management organization to build out detailed RFP responses and contract development
- Develop and maintain strategic long-term relationships with the key account decision makers
- Evaluates customer preferences, pricing, product terms and conditions to ensure that client requirements are met; gather and analyse data regarding competitor pricing and products and ensure that MTN products and services fit customer requirements
- Provide input into data collection for reporting and forecasting
- Adhere to MTN policies for compliance and sound governance
- Work collaboratively to provide direction on the service relationship for nominated accounts e.g., interlocks with supporting departments to ensure accurate billing
- Remain responsible for quality bid and proposal management, identifying and reporting on key risks and issues
- Provide inputs to decisions on new product propositions and services for customers based on his understanding of the customer requirements and needs
- Create reports on sales pipeline and expected RFPs from the account managed
- Develop relationships to guarantee understanding and involvement in the connectivity RFPs issued by of his/her managed accounts in order to increase the chances of conversion for MTN
- Interlock with supporting departments and stakeholders to ensure billing customer service centres are supporting the nominated accounts
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Minimum 4-year Academic Degree (Sales & Marketing / Finance / IT)
- Post graduate qualification (MBA/CA/Masters as advantage)
- English, French and Arabic (as advantage)
- 15+ years sales experience in ICT industry focussed on the ISP/Telecommunications sector
- Gold Certified Seller as per MTN Sales Academy Certification process – within 12 months in the role
- Experience with Multinational Accounts and growing accounts into large revenue accounts
- Experience in managing sub-ordinates and ability to elevate account management
- Ability to manage virtual teams to optimize virtual collaboration and performance
- Knowledge of sales performance reporting
- Excellent communication skills across verbal, written, and presentation and experience of presenting to senior customers
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience in global/multinational enterprise, coupled with working in emerging markets
- Proven track record of performance against sales targets
- Fluency in French (desired)
- Deep understanding of MTN products and solutions
- Ability to share knowledge about the different solutions to address the demand with client and account team (without necessarily the need of pre-sales and specialist team)
Chief Information Officer
Job Title: Chief Information Officer
- Core purpose of the job to sustain a global standard IT infrastructure and drive ICT awareness & revenues through continuous improvement and emerging trends to support the strategic business growth of the organization.
- Drive increase in Shareholder return by ensuring that IS Capabilities/Services are aligned to achieve all elements on the business scorecard. (E.g. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Champion/Sponsor review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, business optimisation etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Champion Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive Value Creation Philosophy
- Propose budget to provide effective IS services and control and monitor division’s expenditure, in accordance with approved budget and associated rules and procedures.
- Promote IT solutions that enable seamless cross-functional workflow as well as company-wide knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Build a clear and coherent strategy for Information Services Division ensuring alignment with MTN corporate strategy and goals and develop plans to support business initiatives and enhance IS support capacity.
- Lead the development and implementation of ICT strategies and plans with clear indications of expected value contributions and in line with corporate vision and mission.
- Review risk for IS systems, develop IS Risk Management Strategy and ensure the deployment of risk-mitigating action plans and business continuity.
- Ensure the security and controlled access to business data and information and provide recovery services in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Monitor and control the technical content of IT infrastructure and systems to ensure business relevance, scope realism, and suitability for intended purposes and timely obsolescence and encourage controlled infusion of new technology into the organisation to help maintain competitive edge, operational excellence and improvements to the bottom line.
- Review and monitor IS operations and projects and ensure the availability of required resources to deliver and enable the maximization of return of investment on ICT initiatives and services.
- Oversee the development of various Terms of References and Service Level Agreements between the organisation and IS service providers and consultants in line with approved ICT framework.
- Ensure an IT Quality Assurance and IT Asset Management systems are in place and are deployed for the benefit and protection of the organization.
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
Experience & Training
- Minimum 12 years’ work experience
- At least 5 years strategic management experience in a Telco or Digital Business
- At least 3 years’ experience in relevant sector/ industry
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise with a good understanding of emerging markets
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Proven track record of a start-up, shut-down and/or business improvement project
- BTech, BEng or Other
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2021.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How To Apply: Interested Candidates should Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online