Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment – The Kwara State Government, in its efforts to increase and diversify its revenue base for financial freedom and bolstered efficacy in governance, on June 22nd 2015 signed the Kwara State Revenue Administration Law, 2015 (Law No.6 of 2015). With the signing of this law, the Kwara State Internal Revenue Service was given birth to and old Kwara Board of Internal Revenue became defunct.
This is to notify the General Public that the Kwara State Internal Revenue Service, (KW-IRS) is recruiting Revenue Officers into Area Offices in the following locations:
Interested applicants are expected to possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree/Higher National Diploma with minimum of second class lower division/lower credit or its equivalent.
- NYSC (Completion/Exemption/Exclusion) certificate is mandatory.
- No work experience is required for Revenue Trainees.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience for Revenue Assistant.
- Relevant professional or postgraduate qualification may be used in place of work experience.
- Maximum age of 30, with evidence of birth certificate/declaration of age.
Knowledge of Tax Administration is an additional advantage.
- Gathering of relevant data for proper assessment of taxpayers.
- Proper assessment of taxpayers in line with extant laws and regulations
- Collection and remittance of all revenues (taxes, fees on goods/services, dues and rates) through approved media and platforms
- Implementation of strategies to block revenue leakages and improve revenue collection.
- Identification of new IGR opportunities.
- Efficient management of the Service relationship with taxpayers through sensitization and advocacy.
- Preparation and submission of daily/weekly/monthly report of collection and any other feedback as required by the supervisor.
- And all other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and inter-cultural skills
- Ability to read and write in English
- Good understanding of local language(s)
- High ethical standards
- Personal credibility and integrity
- Self-confidence and respect for others
Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment How To Apply:
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Also Click on the link to join our Facebook page Join Facebook Page