IRECRUITERS AFRICA. Our client is a renowned indigenous Independent Oil Exploration and Production (E&P) Company with partners in various countries collaborating from project conceptualization to completion providing dynamic solutions.
IRECRUITERS AFRICA is recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Work Experience: 5 years
The ideal candidate will be responsible for supervising, planning and coordinating the activities of a variety of finance and accounts function that includes general accounting, accounts payable payroll, treasury management, financial reporting, budgeting etc. The candidate will supervise the company’s financial and accounting activities while also performing complex accounting analysis and accurate reporting of the company’s financial position.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Analyze customer and client profitability index and value for cost saving initiatives.
- Coordinate the company financial planning and budget management function.
- Work closely with the COO to define, establish and communicate corporate accounting principles, including standard operating procedures covering each job function in accounts to guide the entire organization
- Responsible for financial analysis for management decisions
- Preparation of financial outlook and financial forecasts
- Ensure that accounting processes identified and set up are adequately implemented in the area of credit control, payables, receivables and cash management.
- Coordinate and conduct monthly account reconciliation and audit and report same to the COO
- Supervises all VAT Transactions and periodic Withholding Taxes and submit report on same to the COO.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and manage the preparation of management report of budget / actual revenues and expenses.
- Develop effective reporting tools for the business unit and prepare routine reports (financial, quality, operational efficiency, market share, etc.).
- Track and analyze specialty reports and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact the company.
- Maintain and implement short-range and long-range specialty / other reports, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Prepare project feasibility reports and analyze business development opportunities.
- Perform all other duties that will enhance profitability, productivity and going concern status of the company.
IRECRUITERS AFRICA – Senior Accountant Job Requirements
- BSC or HND in Accounting or Finance related course.
- Professional membership of ICAN or ACCA is a must.
- 7+ years industry experience in in a financial reporting role in an E&P company/upstream Oil and Gas Company is a must.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written French is preferred
- Strong analysis and financial modelling skills with advanced use of Microsoft Excel and other analytical tools
- Strong presentation skills with advanced use of Microsoft PowerPoint and other presentation tools
- Advanced skills in other Microsoft Office applications, Word, Outlook, Knowledge of MS Project.
- Ability to handle the pressure of working in a dynamic and result oriented environment.
- Savvy with the use of Systems Applications and Products and Enterprise Resource Planning savvy is preferable.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other accounting standards is essential
- Experience in developing accounting systems, processes, policies, and procedures is essential.
- Must possess strong ethical standards and high level of integrity
- Ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgment.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should click the link below to Apply:
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Also Click on the link to join our Facebook page Join Facebook Page