International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a nonprofit organisation that works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture, with the ultimate goals of reducing hunger, malnutrition, and poverty.
About the organization: kindly see https://www.iita.org/
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture mission is to assure food security for some of the world’s poorest people and provide them with viable strategies that create real, long-term results for economic development and community stability, while building an ecologically sound future that takes into account the issues of climate change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Experience: 7 years
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Implement financial and budgeting policies and procedures that meet HarvestPlus Program needs and corporate and donor requirements.
- Understand HarvestPlus / IFPRI’s financial tools, systems, and policies and oversee their application and implementation for the Nigeria country office.
- Align IITA’s financial report system with HarvestPlus format and ensure timely completion of month-end and year-end accounting closes, with appropriate supporting documentation for all accounting transactions uploaded to IITA and HarvestPlus / IFPRI’s accounting system.
- Lead and continuously develop and strengthen the field office finance and accounting team. Organize the orientation and provision of continuous training / skills building for all relevant field staff on financial policies and procedures, and finance, accounting, & project management.
- Advise and communicate with the Country Manager on project financial status, availability of funds for project activities, and other financial and compliance-related matters.
- Liaise continuously with the Headquarters Finance team to ensure the highest level of compliance with HarvestPlus / IFPRI’s policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Provide a leadership role in ensuring strict compliance with specific project rules, regulations & contract terms.
- Ensure clear separation of duties, transparency, accountability, and compliance in line with HarvestPlus / IFPRI’s policies and procedures and host government (Nigeria) laws.
- Work in close collaboration with field-based Technical Leads and other technical staff to develop a culture of budget and financial management that is commensurate with the ambitions of HarvestPlus Nigeria Country projects.
- Maintain financial reporting and tracking systems providing data measurements on the financial performance of project objectives and activities.
- Develop and prepare timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting and accurate financial projections throughout the fiscal year. Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets’ spending.
- Collaborate with project leadership to identify resources to help the program meet its goals, deliverables, and milestones.
- Provide on-going financial administrative oversight to the project, including approval of financial transactions (payroll, vendor invoices, vouchers, etc.), and client invoices.
- Monitor financial transactions, ensure accountability and transparency and assess unusual transactions.
- Work with the Country Manager and Home Office management to support statutory audits, client audits, and financial control reviews.
- Identify risks and long-term financial implications of intended projects / initiatives and advises management accordingly.
- Manage the day-to-day financial activities of HarvestPlus Solutions Nigeria office, which include but are not limited to the coding of transactions, monthly reconciliations, month-end close, year-end close, audits, and all required filings (taxes, etc.) with the Government of Nigeria;
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field with minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in a managerial role position in the public or private sector.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge, skills, and / or experience in accounting, financial planning, and other management support areas, as required.
- Be able to demonstrate skills, abilities, and experience to manage a program of similar magnitude and complexity, including those funded by USAID; work collaboratively across technical disciplines.
- Be able to communicate fluently both oral and written.
- Have proven supervisory experience in design and implementation of training / capacity building for finance and accounting staff.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership qualities with a depth and breadth of expertise in financial management.
- Have ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow.
- Have ability to travel to program locations within Nigeria, as required.
- Have good communication skills
- Prior experience in setting up new NGOs in Nigeria.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
16th February, 2021.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How To Apply: Interested Candidates should complete the online application below, attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, a professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.