The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was established by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to among other things organize elections into various political offices in the country.
Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is recruiting to fill the following position below:
- The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) hereby invites registered Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and other interested stakeholders whose work is on democracy, governance and election and who wish to observe the Anambra State Governorship election scheduled to hold 6th November, 2021.
- Without prejudice to any previous correspondences with the Commission, completion of the prescribed application Form (EC 14A(1)) remains the only acceptable means of applying.
- Accordingly, interested observer groups are invited to complete the relevant application form (EC 14A(1) and submit same online along with other necessary documents (including evidence of past election observation) towards assessment of this applications.
- Intending observer groups should note that all necessary support documents, including legal status, evidence of registration with the Civil Society Desk at INEC Headquarters, Abuja among others are to uploaded along with the online application.
- Any falsification of documents in the submissions will lead to automatic disqualification and possible prosecution.
Notes on Election Observation Exercise
- Observer groups should note that the core principle of election observation as contained in relevant UN, AU and ECOWAS treaties and protocols, as well as INEC Guidelines on Election Observation (2018), which includes impartiality, objectivity and non-partisanship should guide conduct of observers during the election and any observer groups found to compromise those principles would be banned from future participation in election observation.
- In accordance with the prevailing circumstance in the country, accredited observer groups are expected to comply with all the regulations and protocols on COVID-19 as issued by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, and INEC policy on conducting elections in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic which requires provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as face masks, hand gloves and hand sanitizers, as well as maintenance of social distance by all field observers on election day.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 16th July, 2021
Electronic Application Guideline
- Before completing this electronic form (EC 14A(1)), kindly note the following;
- That this platform is only for Observer Groups / Organisations and NOT individual observers.
- That you are to obtain and read a copy of the advert before proceeding with completion of the form
- That this is an online application platform and it is different from the manual method in previous elections
- That copies of relevant attachments (CAC registration, INEC CSO, past accreditation letters, reports etc.) should be ready in PDF for upload along with the form.
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should Click the link below to apply
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Also Click on the link to join our Facebook page Join Facebook Page