Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations.
About the organization: kindly see https://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/countries-and-jurisdictions/nigeria.html
Also Apply: eRecruiter – 2 Job Positsions (Apply Online)
At Citibank Nigeria Limited our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. We have 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world’s toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities. We are Citi, the global bank – an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cash and Trade Proc Analyst
Experience: 4 – 7 years
Job ID: 21251213
- Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility.
- It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
- Ensuring timely processing of all OTC transactions in the queues daily.
- Ensuring that all items on Orbiflow queues are justified to be there and that issues are raised and promptly followed up for resolution.
- Process Certificate of Capital Importation in line with CBN guideline and in-house procedures.
- Rendition of weekly uncollected and unissued CCI reports
- Rendition of daily and monthly CCI reports to CBN
- Ensuring all request for CCI transfer to other banks are sent within 24 hours of receipt of such request.
- Responsibility for proper printing and delivery of manager’s checks to the customer service desk.
- Ensuring liquidation of Paylink checks is carried out on Checks 32.
- Preparation of daily paylink reconciliation.
- Ensuring all unclaimed drafts are moved as at when due.
- Ensuring movement out of unclaimed accounts are done with proper approvals and MIFT controls
- Ensure established TATs are achieved and improved upon as well as quality of service delivery.
- Posting of sundry unclaimed items like:
- P and L
- Float Sharing
- Ensuring that all reports / returns for the unit are prepared daily and timely.
- Promptly respond to enquiries by both customers and colleagues
- Active participation and timely delivery of quality reports in respect of :
- Monthly Proofs
- Active participation in any other project as may be assigned from time to time.
- Rendition of weekly NDLEA report for all FCY reportable transactions.
- Ensuring that all MIFT controls have been met prior to processing of all unclaimed transactions Pouching of MCCL and ICLS to London within 24 hours of receipt Transmission of ICLS payable in the USA on check 21 machine within 24 hours of receipt.
- Ensuring daily liquidation of all ICLS entries.
- Processing of all incoming and outgoing RTGS on hold for SDN, TOD and duplication within an hour of receiving such.
- Ensuring timely rendition of Citidirect initiated RTGS to treasury by 2.30pm daily Uploading of settlement for all incoming NIP inflows for each settlement cycle Provide responses to all NIP queries from internal and external customers.
- Logging of re-call request on DRS.
- Ensure that checks are delivered through the appropriate payment medium within the expected time frame.
- Ensure that adequate control steps are observed whenever transactions are processed. so as to avoid customer dissatisfaction and financial losses.
- Provide input and support to TTS staff during new product testing.
- Ensuring that customer enquiries received through RM / CitiServices are thoroughly investigated and responded to within reasonable time.
- Providing back-up Services to other desk in the unit as necessary for smooth flow of activities in the department.
- Collate all the relevant documents required for issuance of CCI.
- Print the CCI and obtain required signatories and dispatch to customers / RMS / Citiservice under acknowledgement.
- Undertake all departmental trainings / meeting (including nomination for external courses)to reinforce understanding of operational guidelines as well as general bank products knowledge development.
- Ensure service issues are non-existent or greatly reduced.
- Ensure team spirit exists among staff and every staff is committed to our shared responsibilities.
- Support optimum use of bank asset and work tools as well as time Ensure on a daily basis that all staled checks are reconciled on flexcube and moved to unclaimed.
- Customer Services / CitiService
- Daily resolution of customer enquires.
- Routine system maintenances
- Systems and applications enhancements
- Documentation and Account Services:
- Issuing drafts for accounts to be closed
CBG & GSG:
- Obtaining approvals for transactions over relevant accounts.
- Follow-up on regularization of deferred documentation.
- Monthly supply of stationeries
Intellect Flow support:
- Resolution of identified issues and implementation of enhancements
- Operations Control Units
- Submission of monthly proof & ageing items
- Cash Management Unit – TTS
- Provision of product papers / programs for new product / initiative
- Cash and Tellers
- Printing of all drafts opened for cash pick-up
- Central Bank of Nigeria:
- Receipt of Circulars / Guidelines and rendition of daily and monthly returns.
- Rendering regulatory reports of customer’s transaction within the established threshold.
- Various correspondences, queries and investigations.
- Delivery of collection and clearing items to LONDON.
- Settlement of ACH and other payment transactions
Education, Experience and Skills
- A good University Degree;
- Qualitative, numerical, analytical and communication;
- 4-7 Years.
You’ll have strong communication, planning and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team. Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information everyday which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity:
How To Apply: Interested Candidates should Use the link(s) below to apply online