2023 NSFAS Fund – NSFAS Application is ongoing. Keep visiting our website for more information on who qualifies for funding, how to apply and what supporting documents are required.
According to Minister Nzimande when briefing members of the media and public on the opening of NSFAS applications for 2023.
NSFAS will pilot this solution with a set number of students first and the full roll-out will occur in a phased approach. The plan is to have all NSFAS beneficiaries receiving their allowances and transacting through the NSFAS Mastercard in 2023.
Dr Nzimande “Hence NSFAS sought an alternative secure and student-centred approach which will see students receive their allowances through a bank card”.
“Issues like unauthorised access to beneficiary allowance and lack of physical verification leading to possible payments to ghost beneficiaries and incorrect payments”
He starts by giving an update on current projects that the Scheme is working to improve the the lives of NSFAS beneficiaries and ensure better student experience.
What Are The Required 2023 NSFAS Application Documents?
Applicants application will not be processed without the relevant supporting documents. Please ensure you upload the correct supporting documents for us to process your applications.
TO APPLY YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING:
- Copy of your ID / Birth certificate
- Copy of your parent/s or guardian/ spouse ID
- If you have a Smart card, both sides of card
- Proof of income (where applicable)
- Persons living with disability should complete
the Disability Annexure A form, this is available
on our website
- If you are recognised as a vuinerable child by the Department of Social Developmentyou must provide a completed Vulnerable Child
Declaration form completed by a social worker
- If you indicated that you don’t have certain
family member details and or abridged birth
certificate must complete the Declaration: Non SASSA
The system will generate a list of required
documents for upload based on your application.
The 2023 NSFAS Fund Application Process
Interested applicants should visit the NSFAS website at https://nsfas.org.za/ for more information on the application process and required supporting documents.
HOW TO APPLY USING A CELLPHONE, TABLET OR COMPUTER
Not sure how to apply for NSFAS funding? No worries, see below simple steps on how to apply. Create a myNSFAS account if you do not have one and apply!
1.) Create a myNSFAS account by typing this link into your internet browser https//mynsfas.org.zo
2.) if you do not have a myNSFAS account click Create or if you have an existing account, click login to your account and complete your information.
TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION
- Log into your myNSFAS account and click on the ‘APPLY tab
- Answer the questions on the screen
- Upload the required supporting documents then click on “SUBMIT.
- Your application reference number will appear on the screen. The reference number will also be sent to the cellphone number and email address you provided.
Share this with at least three people who you think can benefit from it.
Please leave your questions in the comment section below.